Manavjit, Chain Singh win gold, Bindra gets silver
Sandhu clinched the trap gold, while unheralded Chain Singh of Army bagged the yellow metal in 10-metre air rifle event ahead of Abhinav Bindra.
New Delhi: Olympian Manavjit Singh Sandhu on Saturday clinched the trap gold medal while unheralded Chain Singh of Army bagged the yellow metal in 10-metre air rifle event ahead of Beijing Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra at the 56th National Shooting Championship here.
Sandhu won the gold with a score of 117 + 22 while the silver was won by Birendeep Sodhi of Air India, who shot 116 + 23. The bronze went to Zoravar Singh Sandhu of Air India for scoring 118 + 20. In the finals of air rifle men event, Chain Singh shot 594 + 102.4, leaving behind Bindra, who shot 591 + 103.2. The bronze was won by Satyendra Singh of Army - he shot 590 + 104.1.
The free pistol men's event was also completed on Saturday and the gold medal was won by Om Prakash of Army who scored 556 + 93.6. The silver medal went to Gurpal Singh of Army for scoring 551 + 96.6, while Amanpreet Singh of ONGC won the bronze after shooting 548 + 96.5.
In trap junior men's event, GS Sharan of Karnataka won the gold medal with a score of 112. Mohd. Shees of UP bagged the silver for scoring 100, while the bronze went to Adhiraj Singh Rathore of Rajasthan.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan