Mangalore: Activists assault driver for molestation
Police sources said that members of Hindu Jagaran Vedike assaulted 25-year-old Rasheed after keeping 'an eye on him' for 3 days.
Mangalore: Right wing vigilantes accusing a youth of sexual harassment, assaulted him in Alankaru in Puttur taluk and handed him over to Kadaba police on Thursday.
Police sources said that members of Hindu Jagaran Vedike, which was involved in violent attacks at a Mangalore homestay, had assaulted 25-year-old Rasheed of Uppinangady after keeping 'an eye on him' for three days.
Rasheed works as a bus driver at Arafa school in Kunthooru. After dropping students at their homes, Rasheed used to park the bus at Kunthooru and return home in Uppinangady in one of the jeeps plying regularly between Uppinangady and Subrahmanya.
Sources told Express that Rasheed allegedly used to harass a minor from a different community, who used to board the same jeep from Athoor to Alankar.
Members of Hindu Jagaran Vedike tipped about the reported sexual harassment, waited for him in Alankar. As soon as the jeep reached Alankar bus stand, the vigilantes assaulted Rasheed. Siddiq (24), the jeep driver, who attempted to save Rasheed was assaulted. Kadaba police took Rasheed into custody.
"Initially both groups filed cases against each other. As they arrived at an amicable settlement no case was registered," Kadaba told Express.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show