Mangalore moral policing: Colleges shut in protest
Students called a bandh against the attack on girls and boys at a homestay on July 28, allegedly by a Hindu outfit.
Mangalore: Colleges in the city on Monday remained closed in response to a bandh call given by students to protest against the attack on girls and boys at a homestay in Mangalore on July 28, allegedly by activists of a Hindu outfit.
Students of St Aloysius college staged a demonstration in front of their institution, demanding action against the culprits responsible for the attack.
Police said no untoward incident was reported from any part of the city.
Eight persons were arrested yesterday in connection with the attack by suspected activists of Hindu Jagarane Vedike, alleging that it was a rave party at the homestay where illegal activities were going on.
The incident drew widespread condemnation and the BJP government said none would be spared for the 'inhuman act'.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- Birthday SpecialDilip Kumar Birthday Special: 10 Memorable Films by the Actor
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings