DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mangalore moral policing: Colleges shut in protest
Students called a bandh against the attack on girls and boys at a homestay on July 28, allegedly by a Hindu outfit.
Mangalore: Colleges in the city on Monday remained closed in response to a bandh call given by students to protest against the attack on girls and boys at a homestay in Mangalore on July 28, allegedly by activists of a Hindu outfit.
Students of St Aloysius college staged a demonstration in front of their institution, demanding action against the culprits responsible for the attack.
Police said no untoward incident was reported from any part of the city.
Eight persons were arrested yesterday in connection with the attack by suspected activists of Hindu Jagarane Vedike, alleging that it was a rave party at the homestay where illegal activities were going on.
The incident drew widespread condemnation and the BJP government said none would be spared for the 'inhuman act'.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise