Manipal gangrape: Another accused to be produced before court
The medical student was kidnapped from the Manipal University in an auto-rickshaw and allegedly gang-raped by the three men on late June 20 night.
Udupi: One of the two accused, who allegedly attempted suicide fearing police action in the gang-rape of a 22-year-old medical student, was on Sunday formally arrested after he was discharged from a hospital in Udupi as the condition of the other continued to be serious, police said. Anand, one of the three accused in the case, was arrested after he was discharged from KMC Hospital where he had been admitted following his attempt to hang himself on June 27, Udupi Superintendent of Police Dr Boralingaiah said.
He would be produced before a district court on Monday, he said. Anand and his accomplice Yogesh Shantappa Poojary were undergoing treatment at the hospital after their alleged failed suicide bid fearing arrest, he told PTI. "The condition of Yogesh is still serious," he said. Yogesh had consumed poison and Anand attempted to hang himself before they were nabbed.
Another accused, Hariprasad, had been arrested and remanded to five days police custody on June 28. The medical student was kidnapped from the Manipal University in an auto-rickshaw and allegedly gang-raped by the three men on late June 20 night. The victim is recuperating in a hospital.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not Leaving The Kapil Sharma Show
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not to Float Political Party in Punjab