Manipal student gangrape: Suspect sent to 5-day police custody
The two other accused are in a hospital undergoing treatment after their alleged failed suicide bid fearing arrest.
Udupi: A court in Udupi on Friday remanded the third accused in the Manipal student gangrape case to five days of police custody. Hariprasad, arrested on Thursday along with two other accomplices, was produced before the district court.
IGP (Western Range) Pratap Reddy said two other accused, Yogesh Shantappa Poojary and Anand were still in a hospital undergoing treatment after their alleged failed suicide bid fearing arrest.
A 22-year-old medical student from Kerala was kidnapped from the Manipal University in an autorikshaw and was gangraped by three men on late June 20 night. The survivor is recuperating in a hospital, Reddy said.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner