Manipal student gangrape: Suspect sent to 5-day police custody
The two other accused are in a hospital undergoing treatment after their alleged failed suicide bid fearing arrest.
Udupi: A court in Udupi on Friday remanded the third accused in the Manipal student gangrape case to five days of police custody. Hariprasad, arrested on Thursday along with two other accomplices, was produced before the district court.
IGP (Western Range) Pratap Reddy said two other accused, Yogesh Shantappa Poojary and Anand were still in a hospital undergoing treatment after their alleged failed suicide bid fearing arrest.
A 22-year-old medical student from Kerala was kidnapped from the Manipal University in an autorikshaw and was gangraped by three men on late June 20 night. The survivor is recuperating in a hospital, Reddy said.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom