DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Manipal student gangrape: Suspect sent to 5-day police custody
The two other accused are in a hospital undergoing treatment after their alleged failed suicide bid fearing arrest.
Udupi: A court in Udupi on Friday remanded the third accused in the Manipal student gangrape case to five days of police custody. Hariprasad, arrested on Thursday along with two other accomplices, was produced before the district court.
IGP (Western Range) Pratap Reddy said two other accused, Yogesh Shantappa Poojary and Anand were still in a hospital undergoing treatment after their alleged failed suicide bid fearing arrest.
A 22-year-old medical student from Kerala was kidnapped from the Manipal University in an autorikshaw and was gangraped by three men on late June 20 night. The survivor is recuperating in a hospital, Reddy said.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere