DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Manipur: Businessman kidnapped for ransom
The abductors have allegedly demanded a huge sum of money for his release, official sources.
Imphal: A businessman has been allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint by suspected militants from Kangla gate in the heart of the city here, official sources said on Thursday. Shankar Lal Sahi, proprietor of Mangalam Plywood factory at Kangpokpi in Senapati district of Manipur, was abducted while he was taking a stroll at Kangla gate area near the biggest Khwairamband market complex here Wednesday morning, they said.
The abductors have allegedly demanded a huge sum of money for his release, they added. Imphal city police have registered a case in this connection. Sahi is a native of Rajasthan.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi