Manipur: Businessman kidnapped for ransom
The abductors have allegedly demanded a huge sum of money for his release, official sources.
Imphal: A businessman has been allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint by suspected militants from Kangla gate in the heart of the city here, official sources said on Thursday. Shankar Lal Sahi, proprietor of Mangalam Plywood factory at Kangpokpi in Senapati district of Manipur, was abducted while he was taking a stroll at Kangla gate area near the biggest Khwairamband market complex here Wednesday morning, they said.
The abductors have allegedly demanded a huge sum of money for his release, they added. Imphal city police have registered a case in this connection. Sahi is a native of Rajasthan.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1