Manipur: HM orders arrest in actor molestation case
Momoka was molested and beaten up by the cadre Livingston in Chandel district at the high school on December 18.
Imphal: The arrest of NSCN(IM) cadre identified as Livingston has been ordered for molesting a Manipuri film actor, Momoka, in Chandel district, Home Minister Gaikhangam told the state assembly on Thursday. Giving a suo moto statement in the House following media reports, Gaikhangam said top police officials have been asked to arrest Livingstone so that action could be initiated against him as per provisions of law.
Raising the issue during zero hour, Leader of the Opposition I Ibohalbi said Livingstone molested Momoka who was a compere at a song competition at the playground of a high school in Chandel district on December 18. The NSCN-IM militant also fired in the air to scare away two other artists during the function, he said.
Meanwhile, several social organisations including a film artists association which called on the home minister and other state leaders demanded immediate arrest of Livingstone who is stated to be a relative of Chandel MLA, Victor. They said Livingstone touched Momoka ignoring her protests and pulled her hair and used vulgar language while brandishing a gun as artists and the police watched the situation helplessly.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"