Manipur: HM orders arrest in actor molestation case
Momoka was molested and beaten up by the cadre Livingston in Chandel district at the high school on December 18.
Imphal: The arrest of NSCN(IM) cadre identified as Livingston has been ordered for molesting a Manipuri film actor, Momoka, in Chandel district, Home Minister Gaikhangam told the state assembly on Thursday. Giving a suo moto statement in the House following media reports, Gaikhangam said top police officials have been asked to arrest Livingstone so that action could be initiated against him as per provisions of law.
Raising the issue during zero hour, Leader of the Opposition I Ibohalbi said Livingstone molested Momoka who was a compere at a song competition at the playground of a high school in Chandel district on December 18. The NSCN-IM militant also fired in the air to scare away two other artists during the function, he said.
Meanwhile, several social organisations including a film artists association which called on the home minister and other state leaders demanded immediate arrest of Livingstone who is stated to be a relative of Chandel MLA, Victor. They said Livingstone touched Momoka ignoring her protests and pulled her hair and used vulgar language while brandishing a gun as artists and the police watched the situation helplessly.
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts