Manipur actor assault: Curfew reimposed, Imphal still tense
Caught in the cross fire for many in Manipur in Imphal, and in the hill districts, it's a Christmas they never wanted.
Imphal: The tension in Manipur continues where a 29-year-old video journalist killed in police fire covering the protests against the molestation of an actress, allegedly by an NSCN-IM member. Hanao had no clue that death awaited him on Sunday. Police opened fire apparently to control the mob and shot him dead.
"I never stopped him in carrying out his duties but this time, I'm devastated. Now I'm thinking how to survive with my two little kids," Hanao's wife said. Manipur continues to be tense as protestors want the arrest of NSCN-IM member allegedly involved in the sexual assault.
Five policemen have been suspended. Imphal remains tense, people are angry & the state govt is unable to control the crowds. The government of Manipur has declared the NSCN-IM cadre allegedly involved in the assault as the most wanted and declared a cash reward of Rs 5 lakh to anyone who gives information that leads to his arrest.
Caught in the cross fire for the family of Hanao and many in Manipur in Imphal, and in the hill districts, it's a Christmas they never wanted.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology