Manipur: Strike to resume from midnight
Film Forum Manipur said the general strike would end at 6 pm Thursday.
Imphal: The general strike in Manipur, which was suspended for two days, would resume from midnight Wednesday till 6 pm Thursday to press the demand for arrest of the Naga militant who had allegedly molested a Manipuri film actress. Official sources said a 12-hour curfew has been imposed in Imphal east and Imphal west districts from 6 am Thursday.
President of the All Manipur Clubs Organisation KT Rahman, along with representatives of different organisations including Film Forum Manipur said the general strike would end at 6 pm Thursday. The decision to end the strike was taken during a meeting of representatives from various social organisations after considering the present situation and inconvenience caused to the general public, he said.
However, other forms of democratic agitations such as sit-in protest would continue till the arrest of NSCN-IM's Livingstone Anal who had allegedly molested actress Momoko on December 18. Official sources said police force in strength have been deployed at strategic locations and government installations in view of the general strike.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday