Manipur: Strike to resume from midnight
Film Forum Manipur said the general strike would end at 6 pm Thursday.
Imphal: The general strike in Manipur, which was suspended for two days, would resume from midnight Wednesday till 6 pm Thursday to press the demand for arrest of the Naga militant who had allegedly molested a Manipuri film actress. Official sources said a 12-hour curfew has been imposed in Imphal east and Imphal west districts from 6 am Thursday.
President of the All Manipur Clubs Organisation KT Rahman, along with representatives of different organisations including Film Forum Manipur said the general strike would end at 6 pm Thursday. The decision to end the strike was taken during a meeting of representatives from various social organisations after considering the present situation and inconvenience caused to the general public, he said.
However, other forms of democratic agitations such as sit-in protest would continue till the arrest of NSCN-IM's Livingstone Anal who had allegedly molested actress Momoko on December 18. Official sources said police force in strength have been deployed at strategic locations and government installations in view of the general strike.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right