'PM held secret talks with Pak army chief'
'The Times' reported that the back channel exercise had been on for 10 months.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in secret talks with Pakistani army chief Ashfaq Kiyani through an unofficial envoy ahead of the cricket diplomacy at Mohali, according to 'The Times' of London.
It said the back channel exercise that had been on for 10 months was aimed at ensuring the powerful Pakistani army's backing for the Indo-Pak peace process that had come to a halt after 26/11.
The report talks of an unofficial messenger seeking to test waters and see if Kayani's backing could be ensured to boost ties between the two countries. The Indian foreign office or the Prime Minister's Office has not commented on the report.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology