'PM held secret talks with Pak army chief'
'The Times' reported that the back channel exercise had been on for 10 months.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in secret talks with Pakistani army chief Ashfaq Kiyani through an unofficial envoy ahead of the cricket diplomacy at Mohali, according to 'The Times' of London.
It said the back channel exercise that had been on for 10 months was aimed at ensuring the powerful Pakistani army's backing for the Indo-Pak peace process that had come to a halt after 26/11.
The report talks of an unofficial messenger seeking to test waters and see if Kayani's backing could be ensured to boost ties between the two countries. The Indian foreign office or the Prime Minister's Office has not commented on the report.
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- McLaren Refutes Acquisition Talks With Apple
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Can Xiaomi Redo its âMi Band Magicâ For Air Purifiers in India?
- Xiaomi Will Now Help Indian Startups With Its 'Crowdfunding' Platform