Manna Dey files case against nephew Tarit
Manna Dey sought direction from Justice Sanjib Banerjee so that police can act against his nephew.
Kolkata: Legendary singer Manna Dey Monday filed a case in the Calcutta High Court Monday, pleading for police action against his nephew Tarit De for illegally taking money and jewelley from his back account and locker.
The 94-year-old Dey sought direction from Justice Sanjib Banerjee so that police can act against his nephew, who allegedly has withdrawn Rs.12 lakh from the account and jewellery and a watch valued at Rs.15 lakh from the locker.
The singer had earlier complained to police.
The judge asked the Kolkata police to finish off the probe within ten weeks and submit a charghesheet in another four weeks.
The fraudulent withdrawal of the money and jewellery took place from the north Kolkata branch of a nationalised bank.
The nephew, however, has claimed he has not committed any wrong.
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Focus on Business, Market Leadership: Tata to Top Executives
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- 21 Maoists Killed in Encounter on Andhra Pradesh-Odisha Border
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM