Mumbai: BMC clears proposal banning display of lingerie on mannequins
The proposal has been provisionally cleared on the grounds that such mannequins will excite men and pose a danger to women.
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena-run Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has provisionally cleared a proposal banning the display of lingerie on mannequins in the city. The proposal seeks strict action against shopkeepers and hawkers who display such mannequins.
The proposal has been cleared on the grounds that such mannequins will excite men and pose a danger to women. The proposal is yet to get final clearance from BMC chief Sitaram Kunte.
On getting the final clearance, the move would allow civic officials to ask shopkeepers to remove a mannequin if they think it is indecently dressed.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands