DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai: BMC clears proposal banning display of lingerie on mannequins
The proposal has been provisionally cleared on the grounds that such mannequins will excite men and pose a danger to women.
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena-run Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has provisionally cleared a proposal banning the display of lingerie on mannequins in the city. The proposal seeks strict action against shopkeepers and hawkers who display such mannequins.
The proposal has been cleared on the grounds that such mannequins will excite men and pose a danger to women. The proposal is yet to get final clearance from BMC chief Sitaram Kunte.
On getting the final clearance, the move would allow civic officials to ask shopkeepers to remove a mannequin if they think it is indecently dressed.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong