Mumbai: BMC clears proposal banning display of lingerie on mannequins
The proposal has been provisionally cleared on the grounds that such mannequins will excite men and pose a danger to women.
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena-run Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has provisionally cleared a proposal banning the display of lingerie on mannequins in the city. The proposal seeks strict action against shopkeepers and hawkers who display such mannequins.
The proposal has been cleared on the grounds that such mannequins will excite men and pose a danger to women. The proposal is yet to get final clearance from BMC chief Sitaram Kunte.
On getting the final clearance, the move would allow civic officials to ask shopkeepers to remove a mannequin if they think it is indecently dressed.
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- 'Rock On!!' Was Shraddha Kapoor's Favourite Film During Her Growing Up Years
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump