Manoj Bajpai admires Nawazuddin Siddiqui
Actor Manoj Bajpai says he admires Nawazuddin Siddiqui, the main protagonist in 'Gangs of Wasseypur II'.
New Delhi: Actor Manoj Bajpai, who played revenge hungry Sardar Khan in the first part of Gangs of Wasseypur, says he admires Nawazuddin Siddiqui, the main protagonist in the second part.
Gangs of Wasseypur II, which released on August 8, is on its way to becoming director Anurag Kashyap's most successful film. Bajpai, who makes a brief appearance in the second movie, has already won plaudits for his portrayal of colourful don Sardar Khan in the first part.
Siddiqui plays his son in Gangs of Wasseypur II. "I think Nawazuddin Siddiqui is simply superlative in the film. I have complete admiration for him. Then there is Vineet Kumar (his other son in the movie) who is very intense. Both have their own grammar of acting which is very unique and captivating," Manoj said. The 43-year-old actor, known for his memorable performances in Satya, Shool, Aarakshan and Raajneeti, is happy with the commercial success of the Dhanbad set mafia film and hopes that it changes the grammer of filmmaking in Bollywood.
"Commercial success does help. Gangs of Wasseypur success has proved that there are changes that can be introduced in Indian cinema. Anurag was convinced that he could tell a realistic tale in a commercial manner and audience response has reinforced that belief," the actor said.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Japanese Encephalitis Declared as Notifiable Disease
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent
- India, China Discuss Security and Cooperation to Combat Terror
- France Welcomes India's Move to Ratify Climate Change Agreement
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand