Jharkhand: Suspected Naxal arrested after gunfire
During search operation, three weapons, a substantial quantity of bullets, two mobiles and rucksacks were recovered from the spot.
Ranchi: A suspected Naxal was arrested by a joint team of police and paramilitary forces in Jharkhand's Gumla district on Tuesday.
Security men exchanged gunfire with Maoist ultras after unearthing a training camp of the People's Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Gumla district on Tuesday.
"An early morning joint operation by the CRPF and district police personnel busted the PLFI's training camp at Lodan-Kotha Toli village, which triggered a 15-minute gunbattle with the ultras," Gumla Superintendent of Police Jatin Narwal said.
The ultras fired upon the police after finding themselves cornered, but were forced to retreat in the face of a strong retaliatory attack, Narwal said.
During search operation, three weapons, a substantial quantity of bullets, two mobiles and rucksacks were recovered from the spot, he said.
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official