Maoists attack CISF camp in Orissa
The camp is near a Nalco-run mine in Orissa's Koraput district.
Bhubaneswar: Maoist rebels mounted an attack on a Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) camp near a Nalco-run mine in Orissa's Koraput district on Sunday night, police said.
"The rebels surrounded the CISF camp at Panchpatmali Hill at about 9.15 pm. An exchange of fire between CISF personnel and the rebels is on," District Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar told IANS over telephone.
"We are not able to communicate with the camp. We are moving additional police forces to the region," he said, adding that he was not in a position to disclose more details.
The Panchpatmali mine, located at Damanjodi, approximately 350 km from Bhubaneswar, is an open-pit bauxite mine run by state-owned National Aluminium Company Limited (Nalco).
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms