DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maoists attack CISF camp in Orissa
The camp is near a Nalco-run mine in Orissa's Koraput district.
Bhubaneswar: Maoist rebels mounted an attack on a Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) camp near a Nalco-run mine in Orissa's Koraput district on Sunday night, police said.
"The rebels surrounded the CISF camp at Panchpatmali Hill at about 9.15 pm. An exchange of fire between CISF personnel and the rebels is on," District Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar told IANS over telephone.
"We are not able to communicate with the camp. We are moving additional police forces to the region," he said, adding that he was not in a position to disclose more details.
The Panchpatmali mine, located at Damanjodi, approximately 350 km from Bhubaneswar, is an open-pit bauxite mine run by state-owned National Aluminium Company Limited (Nalco).
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs