Maoists attack CISF camp in Orissa
The camp is near a Nalco-run mine in Orissa's Koraput district.
Bhubaneswar: Maoist rebels mounted an attack on a Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) camp near a Nalco-run mine in Orissa's Koraput district on Sunday night, police said.
"The rebels surrounded the CISF camp at Panchpatmali Hill at about 9.15 pm. An exchange of fire between CISF personnel and the rebels is on," District Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar told IANS over telephone.
"We are not able to communicate with the camp. We are moving additional police forces to the region," he said, adding that he was not in a position to disclose more details.
The Panchpatmali mine, located at Damanjodi, approximately 350 km from Bhubaneswar, is an open-pit bauxite mine run by state-owned National Aluminium Company Limited (Nalco).
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer