Maoists attack CISF camp in Orissa
The camp is near a Nalco-run mine in Orissa's Koraput district.
Bhubaneswar: Maoist rebels mounted an attack on a Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) camp near a Nalco-run mine in Orissa's Koraput district on Sunday night, police said.
"The rebels surrounded the CISF camp at Panchpatmali Hill at about 9.15 pm. An exchange of fire between CISF personnel and the rebels is on," District Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar told IANS over telephone.
"We are not able to communicate with the camp. We are moving additional police forces to the region," he said, adding that he was not in a position to disclose more details.
The Panchpatmali mine, located at Damanjodi, approximately 350 km from Bhubaneswar, is an open-pit bauxite mine run by state-owned National Aluminium Company Limited (Nalco).
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology