Maoists kill two Trinamool workers in WB
The incident took place three days after Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee held a public meeting at the very place.
Purulia (WB): Suspected Maoists on Monday night shot dead two Trinamool Congress workers of the party at Balarampur in Purulia district, a party MLA said.
The attackers, who came on a bike, called Ajit Singh Sardar (56) and his son Baku Singh Sardar (26) from their house to a nearby jungle at Ghatbera and shot them dead, Trinamool Congress MLA from Purulia KP Singhdeo said.
The incident took place three days after Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee held a public meeting at the very place, Balarampur, warning the extremists that the joint forces operation would be resumed if the ultras continued with their politics of violence.
The Trinamool MLA said quoting local people that the attackers raised Maoist slogans before escaping deeper into the jungle.
Though the police were yet to confirm the killings, Singhdeo said the joint forces rushed to the site from nearby Ghatbera police camp and engaged the Maoists in an encounter.
Security personnel launched a combing operation in the area.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- KTM Duke Launch Live: 2017 Duke 390, Duke 200 and Duke 250 Launched
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Pooja Bhatt to File Police Complaint Against Man Posing as Her Agent
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology