DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maoists threaten Tatas on Singur
The CPI(Maoist) state committee member Bikram demand that the entire 1000 acres of land be returned to the farmers.
Kolkata: Maoists on Saturday threatened the Tatas to withdraw the Singur case from the Calcutta High Court or else they would go for an indefinite economic blockade in all their installations including Tata Steel Plant at Jamshedpur.
"If the Tatas try to grab land and paralyse the economic life of the people of Singur, then we will also think of indefinite economic blockade in all the factories of the Tatas, including the Tata Steel Plant at Jamshedpur," CPI(Maoist) state committee member and spokesperson Bikram said in a press release here.
Criticising the Mamata Banerjee government, Bikram said it was wrong to divide the farmers in the name of willing and unwilling because nobody gave their land willignly.
"We demand that the entire 1000 acres of land be returned to the farmers," the statement said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand