Map: Countries most threatened by tsunamis
India and its neighbouring countries face a high degree of threat from tsunamis.
New Delhi: The Japan earthquake and tsunami has brought the focus back to the dangers posed by seaquakes and resultant tsunamis. Most of the coastal countries in Asia face high risk of tsunamis and so do the countries on the western coast of the American continents. Tsunami threat is also eminent in the seismologically active Mediterranean Sea. About 90 per cent of the world's earthquakes occur along the Pacific Ring of Fire, a belt that covers almost all of Asia and Americas' Pacific coast.
India and its neighbouring countries also face a high degree of threat from tsunamis, as shown in the map below.
Recommended For You
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology