DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Map: Nuclear plants and seismic zones in India
Most of India falls in the moderate risk to very high risk seismic zones.
The massive earthquake in Japan and the subsequent nuclear crisis has triggered fears of nuclear security across the world, including India.
Most of India falls in the moderate risk to very high risk seismic zones and so do a majority of India's nuclear reactors. While there are no nuclear projects in Zone V (seismic intensity of 8 and above), the proposed Jaitapur Nuclear Power plant falls in Zone IV on the earthquake hazard zoning map. The map below plots India's nuclear power plants on a seismic map.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO