Map: Nuclear plants and seismic zones in India
Most of India falls in the moderate risk to very high risk seismic zones.
The massive earthquake in Japan and the subsequent nuclear crisis has triggered fears of nuclear security across the world, including India.
Most of India falls in the moderate risk to very high risk seismic zones and so do a majority of India's nuclear reactors. While there are no nuclear projects in Zone V (seismic intensity of 8 and above), the proposed Jaitapur Nuclear Power plant falls in Zone IV on the earthquake hazard zoning map. The map below plots India's nuclear power plants on a seismic map.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands