Marcos Baghdatis loses in ABN quarterfinals
Grigor Dimitrov rallied from a set down to beat Marcos Baghdatis 6-7 (4), 7-6 (0), 6-3.
Rotterdam: Grigor Dimitrov rallied from a set down to beat Marcos Baghdatis 6-7 (4), 7-6 (0), 6-3 and book a place in the semi-finals of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament on Friday.
Baghdatis took the first-set tiebreak after neither player managed to break serve. Both then broke once in the second set before Dimitrov ran away with the tiebreak, not allowing Baghdatis a single point.
The talented Bulgarian broke Baghdatis' first service game of the final set to set up his win, before leaping over the net to hug Baghdatis.
Dimitrov said he made the jump with "my last one percent of power."
In other quarterfinals, Juan Martin del Potro was playing Jarkko Nieminen, Martin Klizan faced Gilles Simon and Roger Federer was taking on Julien Benneteau.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show