Italian marines trial: Special court to be announced
Earlier last week, sources said the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is likely to conduct investigation into the Italian marines case.
New Delhi: The announcement for the special court where the trial of the two Italian marines will be conducted is expected on Monday. The announcement will be made by the Attorney General.
The marines, Massimiliano Latore and Salvatore Girone, were arrested in connection with the murder of two Kerala fishermen in February 2012. The two marines, who were on pirate-watch, have claimed they shot at the fishermen, confusing them with pirates.
Earlier last week, sources said the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is likely to conduct investigation into the Italian marines case. The government may also issue notification of the same this week, sources had added.
The two, who had left the country to vote in Italian general elections, were sent back on March 22, after Italy reversed its previous decision of not sending them back. The issue had sparked off a diplomatic row between India and Italy.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18