Italian marines trial: Special court to be announced
Earlier last week, sources said the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is likely to conduct investigation into the Italian marines case.
New Delhi: The announcement for the special court where the trial of the two Italian marines will be conducted is expected on Monday. The announcement will be made by the Attorney General.
The marines, Massimiliano Latore and Salvatore Girone, were arrested in connection with the murder of two Kerala fishermen in February 2012. The two marines, who were on pirate-watch, have claimed they shot at the fishermen, confusing them with pirates.
Earlier last week, sources said the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is likely to conduct investigation into the Italian marines case. The government may also issue notification of the same this week, sources had added.
The two, who had left the country to vote in Italian general elections, were sent back on March 22, after Italy reversed its previous decision of not sending them back. The issue had sparked off a diplomatic row between India and Italy.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18