Italian marines trial: Special court to be announced
Earlier last week, sources said the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is likely to conduct investigation into the Italian marines case.
New Delhi: The announcement for the special court where the trial of the two Italian marines will be conducted is expected on Monday. The announcement will be made by the Attorney General.
The marines, Massimiliano Latore and Salvatore Girone, were arrested in connection with the murder of two Kerala fishermen in February 2012. The two marines, who were on pirate-watch, have claimed they shot at the fishermen, confusing them with pirates.
Earlier last week, sources said the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is likely to conduct investigation into the Italian marines case. The government may also issue notification of the same this week, sources had added.
The two, who had left the country to vote in Italian general elections, were sent back on March 22, after Italy reversed its previous decision of not sending them back. The issue had sparked off a diplomatic row between India and Italy.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand
- Gold prices touch five-year low, people on shopping spree
- Gold price crashes below Rs 25,000 per 10 grams in futures trade