Mark Webber handed five-place penalty for Spa
The penalty will be a boost for his Red Bull team mate Sebastian Vettel, the reigning champion who won from pole at Spa last year.
Belgium: Formula One title contender Mark Webber will have a five-place penalty on the starting grid for Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix after an unscheduled gearbox change, his Red Bull team said.
The Australian is second overall in the championship and 40 points behind Ferrari's Fernando Alonso with nine races remaining.
The penalty will be a boost for his Red Bull team mate Sebastian Vettel, the reigning champion who won from pole at Spa last year and is third overall and two points behind Webber, as well as Alonso.
Webber has suffered no retirements this season but has endured reliability problems whereas double champion Alonso can chalk up a record-equalling 24th successive points finish on Sunday.
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling