Martina Hingis to coach Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Pavlyuchenkova rose to 20th in the world on the back of her third title in Monterrey last week.
Moscow: Rising Russian women's tennis star Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova on Monday announced that five-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis will be coaching her. Pavlyuchenkova rose to 20th in the world on the back of her third title in Monterrey last week, and has enlisted the retired Swiss star's help for this weekend's Fed Cup match and beyond.
"Now I'm starting my collaboration with Martina Hingis and we are going to try all the clay court series," the 21-year-old said. "She is coming to Moscow this week to help me for Fed Cup."
Pavlyuchenkova teams up with Maria Kirilenko, Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina for this weekend's World Group semifinal against Slovakia on red clay in Moscow. Slovakia is led by world No.15 Dominika Cibulkova.
Hingis will attempt to improve the Russian's consistency after first-round defeats at the Australian Open, Indian Wells and Miami.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch