Martyr's Family Wants CM to Attend Last Rites of Sepoy
TV grab of martyr's family mourning.
Sambhal: The father of Sepoy Sudhesh Kumar, who was killed in firing by Pakistani troops along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir, on Tuesday refused to perform the last rites till Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav visits them.
Brahmpal Singh said he will cremate his son only when the chief minister arrives here as he (Yadav) should not discriminate between martyrs.
"The chief minister had gone to a martyr's house in Etah as he was a Yadav, he should also come here as there should not be any discrimination between martyrs", Brahmpal Singh said.
Sudhesh Kumar's mother Santosh Kumari demanded a government job for the soldier's widow.
"If we get financial help we will ensure proper education of his four year-old daughter so that she too can join the army and serve the country", Santosh Kumari said.
DM Bhupendra S. Chaudhary said a cheque of Rs. 20 lakh on behalf of the state government will be handed over to the widow of the jawan today.
All preparartions have been made by the district administration for the last rites of the jawan with full state honours.
The body is expected to arrive here later in the day, officials said.
Sudesh, hailing from Sambhal district of Uttar Pradesh, was killed when Pakistani Army fired on Indian Army posts along the Line of Control in Rajouri district on Sunday.PTI COR SAB
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly