Martyr's Family Wants CM to Attend Last Rites of Sepoy
TV grab of martyr's family mourning.
Sambhal: The father of Sepoy Sudhesh Kumar, who was killed in firing by Pakistani troops along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir, on Tuesday refused to perform the last rites till Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav visits them.
Brahmpal Singh said he will cremate his son only when the chief minister arrives here as he (Yadav) should not discriminate between martyrs.
"The chief minister had gone to a martyr's house in Etah as he was a Yadav, he should also come here as there should not be any discrimination between martyrs", Brahmpal Singh said.
Sudhesh Kumar's mother Santosh Kumari demanded a government job for the soldier's widow.
"If we get financial help we will ensure proper education of his four year-old daughter so that she too can join the army and serve the country", Santosh Kumari said.
DM Bhupendra S. Chaudhary said a cheque of Rs. 20 lakh on behalf of the state government will be handed over to the widow of the jawan today.
All preparartions have been made by the district administration for the last rites of the jawan with full state honours.
The body is expected to arrive here later in the day, officials said.
Sudesh, hailing from Sambhal district of Uttar Pradesh, was killed when Pakistani Army fired on Indian Army posts along the Line of Control in Rajouri district on Sunday.PTI COR SAB
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic Stunned by Denis Istomin
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Officially Launched in India At a Starting Price of Rs 9,999
- After Vin Diesel, Deepika Padukone Makes James Corden Do 'Lungi Dance', Watch Videos
- Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: Shillong Choir, Gulzar Make Inaugural Session Memorable
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More