Marussia hand Chilton Abu Dhabi practice chance
The 21-year-old Chilton, who hails from Britain, has previously raced at the Yas Marina Circuit in GP2.
Greater Noida: Formula 1 team Marussia will give its recently-signed reserve driver Max Chilton a chance to drive at the opening practice of next weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Chilton will drive alongside German Timo Glock, taking over the car from Charles Pic, who will resume his seat from the second practise session in the afternoon. The 21-year-old Chilton, who hails from Britain, has previously raced at the Yas Marina Circuit in GP2.
"I feel very proud to be entrusted with this opportunity by the Marussia F1 Team. As part of the young driver programme this year I got to know the team very well, but over the last two race weekends, as reserve driver, I feel like I have a proper role and have learned so much about the Formula 1 environment in a very short space of time" said Chilton on the official F1 website.
"This is the next step in the process of proving my potential and another important notch for me personally in terms of my ultimate goals," said the Brit, who was promoted to reserve three race weekends ago in Japan.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory