Marussia hand Chilton Abu Dhabi practice chance
The 21-year-old Chilton, who hails from Britain, has previously raced at the Yas Marina Circuit in GP2.
Greater Noida: Formula 1 team Marussia will give its recently-signed reserve driver Max Chilton a chance to drive at the opening practice of next weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Chilton will drive alongside German Timo Glock, taking over the car from Charles Pic, who will resume his seat from the second practise session in the afternoon. The 21-year-old Chilton, who hails from Britain, has previously raced at the Yas Marina Circuit in GP2.
"I feel very proud to be entrusted with this opportunity by the Marussia F1 Team. As part of the young driver programme this year I got to know the team very well, but over the last two race weekends, as reserve driver, I feel like I have a proper role and have learned so much about the Formula 1 environment in a very short space of time" said Chilton on the official F1 website.
"This is the next step in the process of proving my potential and another important notch for me personally in terms of my ultimate goals," said the Brit, who was promoted to reserve three race weekends ago in Japan.
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- BSF Says 7 Pakistani Rangers, Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border, Pak Denies
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn