DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Marussia hand Chilton Abu Dhabi practice chance
The 21-year-old Chilton, who hails from Britain, has previously raced at the Yas Marina Circuit in GP2.
Greater Noida: Formula 1 team Marussia will give its recently-signed reserve driver Max Chilton a chance to drive at the opening practice of next weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Chilton will drive alongside German Timo Glock, taking over the car from Charles Pic, who will resume his seat from the second practise session in the afternoon. The 21-year-old Chilton, who hails from Britain, has previously raced at the Yas Marina Circuit in GP2.
"I feel very proud to be entrusted with this opportunity by the Marussia F1 Team. As part of the young driver programme this year I got to know the team very well, but over the last two race weekends, as reserve driver, I feel like I have a proper role and have learned so much about the Formula 1 environment in a very short space of time" said Chilton on the official F1 website.
"This is the next step in the process of proving my potential and another important notch for me personally in terms of my ultimate goals," said the Brit, who was promoted to reserve three race weekends ago in Japan.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?