Maruti violence: Workers to protest against sacking
Sources say that trouble could spark off yet again with workers planning protest against the sacking of 500 regular workers for the July violence.
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki will resume production at its Manesar plant from August 21, sources say. They, however, add that trouble could spark off again with union workers protesting against the sacking of 500 regular workers for the July violence.
The management also plans to put in place 100 armed security guards at the Manesar plant.
On Thursday, the police arrested the main accused in the violence, Jiya Lal. The factory workers alleged that their supervisor had made a casteist remark against Lal which led to a spat and then violence at the plant. Over a hundred people were injured in the clashes.
Maruti Human Resource manager Awanish Kumar Dev was killed in the violence when he was beaten up by the mob and failed to come out when a part of the plant was set ablaze.
Recommended For You
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Best of the best?Rannvijay or Prince? Who is The Best Roadie of All Time
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video