Maruti unrest: Centre suspects Maoist links
There are intelligence reports of CPI (Maoists) setting up urban bases in different cities, including Gurgaon.
New Delhi: The Centre is keen on a probe to find out if the violence in the Maruti plant in Manesar has any Maoist link.
Though no Naxal link has been found prima facie, official sources said there was a need for a thorough probe to find out the truth into it.
Sources said there were intelligence reports of CPI (Maoists) setting up urban bases in different cities, including Gurgaon.
Maruti Suzuki's General Manager Human Resources was charred to death in the violence in its car plant allegedly triggered by workers on Wednesday for which over 90 workers have been arrested. Nearly 100 others were injured in the violence.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers