DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mary Kom aims gold at Glasgow Commonwealth Games
London Olympics bronze-medallist woman boxer M C Mary Kom is now aiming for a gold at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Chennai: London Olympics bronze-medallist woman boxer M C Mary Kom is now aiming for a gold at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Sharing the dias with wrestlers Vijay Kumar and Yogeshwar Dutt while interacting with students of Vellamal School here on Thursday, the five-time world champion talked about her future plans.
"I am confident of winning gold medals in both Glasgow (CWG event slated for November 14) and then in Rio Olympic Games," she said answering a question on her future events.
Claiming that Chennai has been her special venue since winning the first national title here in 2001, Mary Kom said, "I have set my goals and working on plans to compete in higher category events at world level."
Both Vijay Kumar and Yogeshwar spent a short time with the students and then they were taken to another branch of the school by the authorites. The three Olympians were given Rs 5 lakh each for their achievments.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan