Mary Kom may take part in another Olympic: Sandhu
Sandhu said that he temperament and confidence level of the 29-year-old boxer is excellent but she would have to maintain her form.
Jamshedpur: Chief Boxing Coach of India, G S Sandhu on Thursday said that London Olympic bronze medallist M C Mary Kom still has enough talent to represent the country in at least one more Olympic games.
Sandhu, who was in the steel city to take part in a sports seminar, on Thursday said the temperament and confidence level of the 29-year-old boxer from Manipur was excellent. But, he said, Mary Kom would have to maintain her form.
A Dronacharya awardee, Sandhu said around 50 boxers were attending the camp in Patiala focusing on the next edition of World Championship to be held in October at Almaty, Kazakhstan. On appointing foreign coaches, he said there was no harm in that if that was done for short duration but overlooking Indian coaches would not serve the purpose.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands