DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mary will be a hard nut to crack, says coach
Jharkhand boxing coach Ajit Kumar Singh said Mary Kom will prove a hard nut to crack for Great Britain's Adams.
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand boxing coach Ajit Kumar Singh on Tuesday said five-time world women boxing champion M C Mary Kom will prove a hard nut to crack for Great Britain's Nicola Adams when they lock horns in the semi-finals of the ongoing London Olympics on Wednesday.
"I had been with her for over a month at a camp held in Patiala, where the 29-year-old Manipuri boxer was undergoing training for London Games in February-March last, and I know she will not accept defeat till the last moment irrespective of how strong her rival be," Singh, a former National Games champion in lightweight (60 kgs) category, said.
Apart from her flawless technique, excellent footwork and powerful punches, the most needed quality Mary has is her temperament, which has helped her to rise continuously, Singh, who had won gold medal in 1994 Pune National Games, told PTI.
"It was her confidence and temperament that led her win a silver medal at the 2008 Asian Women's Boxing Championship held in Guwahati, where she participated after two-year break from boxing, and a fourth successive Women's World Boxing Championship in China one and half month later, he said.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande