DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
MasterCard, Visa warn of possible security breach
An independent data security organisation is investigating into the matter.
New Delhi: Global credit card giant MasterCard is investigating a possible breach of cardholder information, says The Wall Street Journal.
The breach was reported by Krebs On Security blog and which also said that MasterCard's rival Visa was also informing card-issuing banks about a breach involving a US-based payment processor. None of the credit card companies have indicated which payment processor was the source of the breach.
WSJ quotes MasterCard saying that an independent data security organisation is investigating into the matter.
Concerned cardholders have been advised to contact their card issuing banks.
Recommended For You
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances