Mathura clashes: BJP wants judicial probe
Four persons were killed and 16 others injured in the clashes that broke out after a pedestrian used water meant for some religious purpose.
Mathura: The BJP on Wednesday demanded a judicial probe into the recent clashes between two communities in Kosi Kalan town near Mathura, which claimed four lives and left 16 others injured.
"Why is the government avoiding a judicial inquiry into the riots? One-sided action by the administration will not be tolerated," senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh told reporters in Kosi Kalan.
"If the administration is found to be at fault, then action should be taken against it," he said.
Accompanied by Uttar Pradesh BJP chief Laxmi Kant Bajpai, Singh interacted with victims of the clashes. Four persons were killed and 16 others injured after the clashes broke out in Kosi Kalan, about 45 km from Mathura, on June 1, reportedly after a pedestrian used water meant for some religious purpose.
On BJP's choice for the President's post, Singh said the party would decide once the Congress "opens its cards".
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan