'Matru' has been Imran's toughest role till date
The actor spoke candidly about his new film and the training that he had to undergo to prepare for the role.
New Delhi: Known for his chocolate boy image, Imran Khan stepped out of his comfort zone to play a rustic character in Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola'. The actor, during a press interaction in the capital, spoke candidly about his new film and the training that he had to undergo to prepare for the role.
The actor who was last seen in 'Delhi Belly' playing a journalist, spent couple of weeks in the capital to prepare while preparing for his role in 'Matru...'. " I did a workshop with theater artist M K Sharma in the capital before filming for 'Matru...'. Had to take training in the way a local Haryanvi would speak, had to learn the language, the body language had to be changed. It has been the toughest role of my career but that's what makes it more interesting perhaps.
Imran also admitted that he was surprised that director Vishal Bhardwaj chose him to play the role of Matru. " I honestly don't know why he chose me. And I would be lying if I say that I didn't have doubts about my capabilities as an actor while shooting for the film. There were times when I questioned myself, thought I had made a mistake but that's when Vishal showed faith in me."
Sharing screen space with a veteran like Pankaj Kapur was also intimidating for the actor. But Imran said, "If you have talented actors working with you, you push yourself harder, which perhaps I did. If you don't have the fear to fall down, you won't push yourself, that's what I believe."
Imran plays Hukum Singh Matru, a Haryanvi educated in JNU, who goes back to his village after completing his law degree. "He is a socially conscious youth, wants to work for his native place."
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story