'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' gets U/A certificate
'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' has beem given U/A certificate from the Censor Board of Film Certification.
Mumbai: Vishal Bhardwaj's upcoming romantic comedy 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' has beem given U/A certificate from the Censor Board of Film Certification.
Produced by Bhardwaj along with Fox Star Studios, this is the first film of the filmmaker which has got the U/A rating, making the movie fit for family audiences, including those
All the 47-year-old director's previous hits '7 Khoon Maaf', 'Ishqiya' and 'Kaminey' had got the A certificate.
"I've always wanted my films to reach out to a wider audience. Finally with MKBKM, not restricted by the 'A' rating, I'll be able to do so. I'd like to thank the CBFC for giving this rating as it's a bright and happy film," Bhardwaj said in a statement.
The film had initially run into trouble with Pankaj Kapur's character Pancho, which the CBFC felt, sounded like a Hindi expletive.
The film, which is set in a village of Haryana, also stars Anushka Sharma and Imran Khan in lead roles. The film hits theatres on January 11.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone