May shift Abu Jundal to Navi Mumbai jail, authorities to court
Abu Jundal has written a letter threatening to go on a hunger strike if he is not taken out of solitary confinement.
Mumbai: Authorities on Tuesday told the special MCOCA court that they are contemplating shifting the suspected LeT operative and key plotter of 26/11 terror strikes Abu Jundal from Arthur Road jail to a facility at Taloja in Navi Mumbai.
"The Arthur Road Jail officials told the court that they are contemplating to shift Jundal to Taloja jail but the decision will be taken in couple of days", Jundal's lawyer Ejaz Naqvi said without elaborating.
Jundal has been tried by the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) court in connection with the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case.
Jundal, who has been lodged at the Arthur Road Prison in Mumbai, has written a letter threatening to go on a hunger strike if he is not taken out of solitary confinement. The letter was submitted to the court yesterday by the jail authorities.
The suspected LeT operative is one of the 22 accused in the arms haul case wherein the Maharashtra ATS team had seized 30 kg RDX, 10 AK-47 assault rifles and 3,200 bullets on May 8, 2006 from three persons after chasing a Tata Sumo and an Indica car on Chandwad-Manmad highway near Aurangabad.
The Indica was allegedly driven by Jundal who managed to give police the slip at that time. According to the prosecution, Jundal then drove to Malegaon and handed over the vehicle to an acquaintance before escaping to Pakistan via Bangladesh on a fake passport in May 2006.
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity, says Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Live: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal, 3 Ministers; Ram Gopal Yadav Attacks Mulayam
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand Right There in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar