MCD North Delhi orders inquiry into school rape case
Two policemen were injured in violent protests that broke out in Mangolpuri in northwest Delhi after the shocking incident came to light.
New Delhi: The North Delhi MCD on Friday evening ordered an internal inquiry into the rape of a minor girl student at its Mangolpuri school. The inquiry committee consists of four members and it has been asked to submit a report at the earliest. The Delhi Police is on the lookout for the suspect in the case. The seven-year-old girl student reportedly told her family that she was gagged, tied and threatened not to tell anybody about the incident.
She was raped by an unidentified man on Thursday during school hours. The case came to light after the family reported the matter to the police on Friday morning. A case was registered and medical examination of the victim confirmed rape.
Meanwhile, an angry crowd gathered outside the hospital where the girl had been admitted and damaged buses and pelted stones at the police. Two policemen were injured in the violence.
Sources said that 10 protesters were detained and the police were interrogating four staff members of the school, including a guard and two male teachers.
"The victim was raped by a man inside the school campus on Thursday. Her parents approached us on Friday morning and a case has been registered. The victim could not tell us anything about the attacker. We are investigating the case. We are questioning the male staff, including teachers and a guard," a senior police official said.
The girl has been admitted to the Sanjay Gandhi hospital and doctors say she is presently out of danger. However, she had suffered internal bleeding.
Incident shocking, shameful: Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said that the Chief Secretary and the Education Minister were in touch with the school authorities and the police officials. "It is a shocking incident. We are taking steps that such incidents don't happen in schools. We will have to work together to control such incidents."
With additional information from PTI
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Won't Be Screened In Pakistan
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army Avenges Uri With Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Pakistan Denies