MDMK to block roads connecting Kerala, TN
13 roads linking the two states will be blocked to protest against Kerala's demand to decommission Mullaperiyar dam.
Chennai: Protesting against the Kerala government's demand for decommissioning the Mullaperiyar dam, the Vaiko-led MDMK along with other political outfits has declared that it would block all the roads connecting the neighbouring state with Tamil Nadu on Wednesday.
As a mark of protest against the Kerala government's demand for decommissioning the dam, those vehicles moving to Kerala would be blocked on all the 13 roads that connect Kerala and Tamil Nadu on Wednesday, Vaiko said in a release in Chennai.
Vaiko would lead the agitation at Kumuli road in Theni district.
Tamizhar Desiya Iyakkam President P Nedumaran along with representatives of Periyar Dravida Kazhagam and Hindu Makkal Katchi would participate at other locations, the release said.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology