Medha Patkar comes out in Kejriwal's support
There were allegations that Arvind Kejriwal deposited donations collected for Hazare agitation in a trust run by him
New Delhi: Activist Medha Patkar on Monday came out in support of Arvind Kejriwal, who is facing allegations of diverting donations for Team Anna to his trust, saying that the truth will come out once the audit is completed.
"I don't go with allegations against Arvind Kejriwal. Swami Agnivesh himself has told me that he has not levelled any allegations but only referring to questions raised by some quarters," Patkar said.
Her comments came against the backdrop of allegations that Kejriwal deposited donations collected for Hazare agitation in a trust run by him from which the names of major team members were missing.
She said there cannot be 'any doubts or questions' about it as the special audit is on and it will be made public soon.
"Any doubts if anybody has should be raised after the special audit," he said.
On Congress leader Digvijaya Singh's allegation that BJP's defence of Kejriwal had exposed their links, she said, "Swami has always been unhappy about the decision making process (of Team Anna)... but Singh should not link this with BJP's comment."
She said opposition parties 'always take advantage of whatever happens in the country, especially something that is anti-establishment and anti-Centre'.
Former colleagues Agnivesh and Rajinder Singh had found fault with Kejriwal over depositing donations collected for Hazare agitation in a trust run by him from which the names of major team members were missing.
Dismissing Agnivesh's allegations, Team Anna said the activist might be levelling such accusations 'out of anger' as he was removed from the team following the surfacing of a video clip which purportedly showed him asking a person to deal strongly with Hazare.
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh