DMK wants safe passage for all displaced SL Tamils
Delegation comprising MPs of DMK, Cong, VCK visited Sri Lanka last month.
Chennai: DMK wanted all internally displaced persons, now accommodated in camps in Sri Lanka, should be returned to their respective places at the earliest and favoured a political solution to the ethnic strife in the island, DMK Rajya Sabha member Kanimozhi said on Monday.
Kanimozhi, daughter of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, told reporters that after delegation comprising MPs of DMK, Congress and VCK visited Sri Lanka last month, there was 'some improvement' in the situation and over 50,000 IDPs had returned to their native places.
"This is not enough. DMK wanted all of them to be sent to their native places, besides a political solution, under which they can live honourably", she said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly