DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
DMK wants safe passage for all displaced SL Tamils
Delegation comprising MPs of DMK, Cong, VCK visited Sri Lanka last month.
Chennai: DMK wanted all internally displaced persons, now accommodated in camps in Sri Lanka, should be returned to their respective places at the earliest and favoured a political solution to the ethnic strife in the island, DMK Rajya Sabha member Kanimozhi said on Monday.
Kanimozhi, daughter of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, told reporters that after delegation comprising MPs of DMK, Congress and VCK visited Sri Lanka last month, there was 'some improvement' in the situation and over 50,000 IDPs had returned to their native places.
"This is not enough. DMK wanted all of them to be sent to their native places, besides a political solution, under which they can live honourably", she said.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes