Meghalaya: 22 killed as bus falls into gorge
The bus was on its way to Agartala from Guwahati when it fell into a 80-feet deep gorge.
Shillong: At least 22 people were killed and several others critically injured when a Tripura-bound bus fell into a deep gorge in Meghalaya's East Jaintia hills district in the wee hours on Wednesday.
The incident took place sometime between 3 AM and 5 AM at Tamseng village near Meghalaya-Aassam border.
The bus was on its way to Agartala from Guwahati when it fell into the 80-feet deep gorge.
"We have been able to retrieve 22 bodies even as six critically injured persons were shifted to Khliehriat community health centre", district police chief MK Dkhar said.
"There are possibilities of more deaths and the district police and fire service personnel are on the job to rescue the trapped persons in the bus", he said.
Recommended For You
- Tata Tigor Launched in India at Rs 4.70 Lakh, Ex-Showroom Delhi
- Kaabil to Saawariya: Films That Clashed With SRK Starrers And Failed
- Bibi Russell's Tryst With Fashion: For, With and By Craftspeople
- Virat Kohli Picks Out Cheteshwar Pujara for Special Praise
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?