Meghalaya: 22 killed as bus falls into gorge
The bus was on its way to Agartala from Guwahati when it fell into a 80-feet deep gorge.
Shillong: At least 22 people were killed and several others critically injured when a Tripura-bound bus fell into a deep gorge in Meghalaya's East Jaintia hills district in the wee hours on Wednesday.
The incident took place sometime between 3 AM and 5 AM at Tamseng village near Meghalaya-Aassam border.
The bus was on its way to Agartala from Guwahati when it fell into the 80-feet deep gorge.
"We have been able to retrieve 22 bodies even as six critically injured persons were shifted to Khliehriat community health centre", district police chief MK Dkhar said.
"There are possibilities of more deaths and the district police and fire service personnel are on the job to rescue the trapped persons in the bus", he said.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Virender Sehwag Accepts Commentary Challenge from Sunny Leone
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Andrew Tye Ruled of IPL 2017 With a Dislocated Shoulder
- Priyanka to Rajkummar: Bollywood Actors Who've Mastered Roles in Disguise
- IPL 2017: Bumrah Reveals Secret Behind Successful Super Over