Meghalaya: 22 killed as bus falls into gorge
The bus was on its way to Agartala from Guwahati when it fell into a 80-feet deep gorge.
Shillong: At least 22 people were killed and several others critically injured when a Tripura-bound bus fell into a deep gorge in Meghalaya's East Jaintia hills district in the wee hours on Wednesday.
The incident took place sometime between 3 AM and 5 AM at Tamseng village near Meghalaya-Aassam border.
The bus was on its way to Agartala from Guwahati when it fell into the 80-feet deep gorge.
"We have been able to retrieve 22 bodies even as six critically injured persons were shifted to Khliehriat community health centre", district police chief MK Dkhar said.
"There are possibilities of more deaths and the district police and fire service personnel are on the job to rescue the trapped persons in the bus", he said.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18