Meghalaya Guv assures check on crimes against women
Governor Ranjit Shekhar Mooshahary on Thursday said the government is adopting new strategies to tackle the issue.
Shillong: Condemning crimes against women in Meghalaya, Governor Ranjit Shekhar Mooshahary on Thursday said the government is adopting new strategies to tackle the issue.
In his address at the first day of the budget session of the Assembly, Mooshahary said the overall crime rate in Meghalaya was "under control" but crime against women were a matter of serious concern.
"Incidences of crime against women, especially rape, have been showing an upward trend and this is a matter of serious concern. To deal with the situation new strategies and interventions have been being devised," he told the legislators.
Expressing concern over the spurt of violence unleashed by rebels of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA), Mooshahary said: "The government stands resolutely to take all necessary steps to counter anti-national and criminal activities effectively."
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology