Melzer beats Haase in straight sets to reach Zagreb final
Melzer will face either top-seeded Croat Marin Cilic or defending champion Mikhail Youzhny of Russia.
Zagreb: Fourth-seeded Jurgen Melzer of Austria reached the final of the Zagreb Indoors after defeating Robin Haase of the Netherlands 7-6 (2), 6-3 on Saturday.
Melzer will face either top-seeded Croat Marin Cilic or defending champion Mikhail Youzhny of Russia, who played later Saturday.
Melzer won 33 of 36 points on his first serve to advance to his 12th career final and the first since winning in Memphis a year ago.
The Austrian failed to convert two set points at 5-4 in the first set but comfortably won the tiebreaker.
In the second, Melzer failed to serve out the match at 5-2 but broke again in the next game to clinch the win.
"This is by far my best match here this week," Melzer said. "I felt I was the better player today even though we had to play a tiebreaker."
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right