Melzer beats Haase in straight sets to reach Zagreb final
Melzer will face either top-seeded Croat Marin Cilic or defending champion Mikhail Youzhny of Russia.
Zagreb: Fourth-seeded Jurgen Melzer of Austria reached the final of the Zagreb Indoors after defeating Robin Haase of the Netherlands 7-6 (2), 6-3 on Saturday.
Melzer will face either top-seeded Croat Marin Cilic or defending champion Mikhail Youzhny of Russia, who played later Saturday.
Melzer won 33 of 36 points on his first serve to advance to his 12th career final and the first since winning in Memphis a year ago.
The Austrian failed to convert two set points at 5-4 in the first set but comfortably won the tiebreaker.
In the second, Melzer failed to serve out the match at 5-2 but broke again in the next game to clinch the win.
"This is by far my best match here this week," Melzer said. "I felt I was the better player today even though we had to play a tiebreaker."
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS