Men complain more on Twitter than women: study
Women tweet more but men are bigger complainers on Twitter, according to a new study of the social networking site.
London: Women tweet more but men are bigger complainers on Twitter, according to a new study of the social networking site. Personal life, television programmes and work, are subjects that women talk most about on Twitter while men are likely to tweet about sport, gaming and news, The Telegraph reported.
Women tweet more - around 15 times a day - on average, compared with nine updates per day from men, according to the study of 1,000 British Twitter accounts by social media monitoring company Brandwatch.
When it comes to tweets related to brands, women are far more likely than men to be entering competitions, while men are much more likely than women to be complaining, the study found.
"Many studies have shown that men and women use more similar language online than offline, so we were surprised to see such clear differences in the results," said Edward Crook, an analyst at Brandwatch.
"140 characters encourages many of the non-standard features of spoken language, which could explain this divide," Cook said. "It is clear though that men and women are both discussing different topics on Twitter and using different language to do so," he said.
Overall, television and film was the most popular topic to tweet about, followed by sport, music and celebrities. The brands most likely to be mentioned on Twitter were food and drink related, followed by clothing and accessories brands and technology brands.
The food and drink tweets were dominated by women (73 per cent), as were the clothing and accessories tweets (89 per cent). Eighty per cent of technology related tweets came from men.
- US has Now Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Hillary Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers from Pakistan
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution