Men gangrape 18-year-old girl, throw her out of moving bus
Police said the victim was found lying unconscious and injured beside National Highway 31 on January 10.
Kolkata: A 18-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped and thrown out of a moving vehicle in West Bengal's North Dinajpur district, police said on Monday.
"The victim was found lying unconscious and injured beside National Highway 31 under Chakulia Police Station last on Thursday. Following a statement by her, we have registered a case of gangrape against unknown persons," Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Islampur) Subimal Pal told IANS.
"The girl is resident of Tamluk in East Midnapore and is currently admitted at North Bengal Medical College and Hospital (NBMCH), Siliguri. The reports of medical tests to confirm rape is awaited and we are yet to make any arrest," added Pal.
Doctors at the NBMCH to where she was later shifted to by the police, said her condition was stable but she was undergoing trauma.
"The girl is very traumatised and not speaking to anyone. A medical test for rape has already been conducted. We are also taking help of a psychiatrist to help get over the trauma," said NBMCH superintendent Sabyasachi Das.
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic
- WATCH: Manchester United, Arsenal wish their fans in India a Happy Diwali
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It