Mercedes may quit F1 following 'tyregate' tribunal
Chances are that Mercedes may quit Formula One following the outcome of their 'tyregate' tribunal on Thursday.
German Formula One team Mercedes may decide to call off their participation in F1 following the outcome of their 'tyregate' case tribunal on Thursday, June 20.
According to The Sun, the case hearing is all set to take place at the FIA headquarters in Paris, and in case Mercedes are not happy with the outcome of the result, chances are the team may quit F1.
Sources suggest that in case the result doesn't turn out in Mercedes' favour, it may damage the team's image which might just make them reconsider their involvement in F1.
It has also been reported if Mercedes are found guilty, there are under the danger of being hit with a severe fine, deduction in points nor even an elimination from the championship.
Mercedes and tyre supplier Pirelli have come under the radar ever since it was disclosed that the team had been availing the services of Pirelli during a Grand Prix event.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show