Metro rail in Patna by 2016, says Bihar Minister
The project is set to cover a distance of 40-km stretch at a cost of Rs 8,000 crore, Urban Development Minister Prem Kumar said.
Patna: The Bihar capital city's dream of a Metro train may come true by 2016 if the state urban development minister is to be believed. The project is set to cover a distance of 40-km stretch at a cost of Rs 8,000 crore, Urban Development Minister Prem Kumar said. Rail India Technical and Economic Service (RITES) will conduct survey for the construction of the Metro rail in Patna, he said on Sunday. "The government has decided to hand over the survey work for a Metro rail in Patna to RITES. We have targeted to run the Metro rail from 2016 on, in at least one part of Patna," Prem Kumar said.
The minister said the urban development department has approved this proposal and after a formal approval of the state cabinet, the RITES will start a technical and an economic survey for the construction of the Metro rail in Patna.
The government hopes the survey would be completed in four months and the work will start finally in 2014. Prem Kumar admitted that the construction of the Metro rail in Patna was delayed. "Now, we will speed up work without any further delay," he said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is keen to give Patna a Metro rail.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18