Special coach only for women in Delhi Metro
The first coach just behind the driver's is now reserved for women. Children up to 12 years would be allowed to travel in the coach.
New Delhi: Reason to cheer for women travelling on Metro trains in Delhi. The service will now be reserving one entire coach for women commuters and minors. This will come into effect on an experimental basis from October 2.
The first coach just behind the driver's coach is now reserved for women. Children up to 12 years would be allowed to travel in the coach. The orders were passed by DMRC after a survey conducted by Delhi government revealed that nearly half the women traveling in metro did not feel safe using the public transport.
There would also be a penalty for those men who try to get in. Currently there are a total of 129 metros that ply in the capital and on an average, 14 lakh people travel every day. The Delhi government had sent a proposal to the DMRC in July regarding the same. The proposal had been sent after the survey by the Delhi government that almost 50 per cent of women felt unsafe using public transport in Delhi.
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18