Special coach only for women in Delhi Metro
The first coach just behind the driver's is now reserved for women. Children up to 12 years would be allowed to travel in the coach.
New Delhi: Reason to cheer for women travelling on Metro trains in Delhi. The service will now be reserving one entire coach for women commuters and minors. This will come into effect on an experimental basis from October 2.
The first coach just behind the driver's coach is now reserved for women. Children up to 12 years would be allowed to travel in the coach. The orders were passed by DMRC after a survey conducted by Delhi government revealed that nearly half the women traveling in metro did not feel safe using the public transport.
There would also be a penalty for those men who try to get in. Currently there are a total of 129 metros that ply in the capital and on an average, 14 lakh people travel every day. The Delhi government had sent a proposal to the DMRC in July regarding the same. The proposal had been sent after the survey by the Delhi government that almost 50 per cent of women felt unsafe using public transport in Delhi.
Recommended For You
- Nine-year-old Anadi Tagde Named in Women's U-19 Squad
- Stand Up Comedian Accuses The Kapil Sharma Show of Plagiarising His Joke
- LG G6 Launched in India for Rs 51,990: All You Need to Know
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Ranveer And Other Stars Flaunt Camouflage In Style
- Meet Jackie Shroff's Daughter Krishna, Who Can Give Bollywood Actresses a Run For Their Money