Special coach only for women in Delhi Metro
The first coach just behind the driver's is now reserved for women. Children up to 12 years would be allowed to travel in the coach.
New Delhi: Reason to cheer for women travelling on Metro trains in Delhi. The service will now be reserving one entire coach for women commuters and minors. This will come into effect on an experimental basis from October 2.
The first coach just behind the driver's coach is now reserved for women. Children up to 12 years would be allowed to travel in the coach. The orders were passed by DMRC after a survey conducted by Delhi government revealed that nearly half the women traveling in metro did not feel safe using the public transport.
There would also be a penalty for those men who try to get in. Currently there are a total of 129 metros that ply in the capital and on an average, 14 lakh people travel every day. The Delhi government had sent a proposal to the DMRC in July regarding the same. The proposal had been sent after the survey by the Delhi government that almost 50 per cent of women felt unsafe using public transport in Delhi.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob