Michael Schumacher becomes Mercedes ambassador
Schumacher become an ambassador for Mercedes's brand focusing on future technology and road safety.
Shanghai: Mercedes announced a long-term agreement with Michael Schumacher on Thursday for the retired seven times Formula One champion to become an ambassador for their brand focusing on future technology and road safety.
"The future interests me much more than the present and past," the German, the most successful grand prix driver who won his titles with Benetton and Ferrari between 1994 and 2004, said in a statement.
"During my Formula One time I always believed that you must not allow yourself to rest on your laurels, but that you must continuously try to improve. In so doing I was very often able to rely on the help of all the technologies available to me in the car and use them to my advantage."
Schumacher retired at the end of last season at the age of 43 after a three-year comeback with Mercedes.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology