Michelle Obama to lead Diwali celebrations in White House
US Senators John Cornyn and Mark R Warner announced that they would introduce a resolution to recognise the religious and historical significance of Diwali.
Washington: US First Lady Michelle Obama would lead this year's Diwali celebrations the White House, which is expected to be attended by lawmakers, senior administration officials and eminent Indian Americans.
"The First Lady will provide remarks at the White House Diwali celebration," the White House announced on Friday. A media advisory said the festival of lights would be observed on November 5.
Meanwhile, US Senators John Cornyn and Mark R Warner, co-chairs of Senate's bipartisan India Caucus, announced that they would introduced a bipartisan resolution in the Congress to recognise the religious and historical significance of Diwali.
The resolution honours an important tradition of Hindus, Sikhs, and Jains in the flourishing Indian-American community in the US as well as those of our partners in India, they said.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal, Mulayam Camp Sacks Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin