Microsoft sells 10 million Kinect devices
Microsoft Kinect has become the the fastest-selling consumer device on record.
Seattle: Microsoft Corp said on Wednesday it has sold more than 10 million Kinect motion-sensing game system units worldwide in just over four months, making it the fastest-selling consumer device on record.
The infrared camera add-on for the Xbox game console, which is priced at $150 but can be found for less online, helped boost Microsoft's revenue in the last quarter and is trouncing a rival product from Sony Corp.
The world's largest software company, which began its foray into gaming a decade ago with the first Xbox, said the popularity of the Kinect had also spurred the sale of more than 10 million stand-alone Kinect games.
Recommended For You
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game